[okfn-be] okfn be bylaws

Katleen Janssen Katleen.Janssen at law.kuleuven.be
Mon Dec 19 10:36:44 UTC 2011

Dear all,

I've looked up some things we need to decide before we can start writing the OKFN Be bylaws - hopefully we can discuss most of these in the meeting tomorrow. If you have any thoughts about this already, please do not hesitate to share them with the list before the meeting.

* name of the NPO
* official location
* description of the objectives (we can use the notes from the last meeting)
* minimum numbers of members to be a valid organisation (needs to be at least three, but we can put more - I would suggest to just put the legal minimum, i.e. 3)
* who wants to be included as a founding member (as an individual/company/institution?)
* any conditions for new members? any conditions for removing members?
* (maximum) price of contribution (in general, funding issues need to be discussed)
* what decisions can be made by the board and what decisions need to be taken by all members?
* voting procedures
* how many board members (there have to be at least three, I think) ? how do they need to be nominated/decided? any conditions?

See you all tomorrow!

best regards,
katleen

dr. Katleen Janssen
Legal researcher
K.U.Leuven - Interdisciplinary Centre for Law and ICT
Sint-Michielsstraat 6
B-3000 LEUVEN - BELGIUM
[t]  +32 16 328 707	[f] : + 32 16 325 438
[e]  katleen.janssen at law.kuleuven.be
[w]  www.law.kuleuven.ac.be/icri/   -   www.ibbt.be