[okfn-be] presentation

Bart Van Loon bart at zeropoint.it
Fri Dec 16 07:57:48 UTC 2011

It was Fri Dec 16 at 08:28AM when Patrick Hochstenbach wrote:
> > Oh, I have a question for this list: what would be the legal
> > implications of the releasing of structured data from official website
> > of the Belgian Government (what I'm doing in fact) on the licence of
> > the resulted data? And also would I/we risk legals stuff?
[...]

> Strictly: it us up to copyright holder of the database (la chambre?)
> to define the license on their data and how you can reuse this data
> and which types of licenses you can use.

It's important to realise that there is a difference between the license
on the `data' and the license on the `database'.

For example, resto.be holds a lot of public data (addresses of
restaurants), which in itself is not licensed. But their database as a
whole is protected by a license, preventing others from copying it as a
whole.

This is to protect the effort done by the aggregating party.

--
regards,
Bart Van Loon

	Pakistan Fact #4: Pakistan won the world cup cricket in 1992.