[okfn-be] OKFN Chapter Belgium

Pieter Colpaert pieter.colpaert at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 18:51:22 UTC 2011

Dear everyone,

It's time to combine all our open data (and open knowledge) efforts in
Belgium. The Open Knowledge Foundation (http://okfn.org) is a European
organisation which focuses on open content/open data. For more
information check http://okfn.org/about/faq/.

We need an organisation in Belgium which helps (local) governments,
organisations, companies... to implement a decent open data policy. Only
as one organisation we can maintain an active community. When we
(Belgian people in Warsaw) were asked at ogdcamp (http://ogdcamp.org) to
create a Belgian chapter, we felt that all pieces were finally coming
together.

We have set-up a wiki-page. Feel free to extend or alter it:
http://wiki.okfn.org/Chapter/Belgium

If you're interested in having a (key-)role in this new organisation,
register on the mailinglist and introduce yourself!

We hope to inform you about the first general assembly very soon. In
meantime, let's spread the word.

Kind regards,

Pieter Colpaert

P.S. Feel free to forward this mail to anyone who might be interested!

--
+32(0)486/747122