[okfn-be] Desired feedback on datasets

Bart Van Loon bart at zeropoint.it
Wed Feb 22 10:32:17 UTC 2012

Hi,

It was Tue Feb 21 at 03:53PM when Miel Vander Sande wrote:
>    Related to my latest research topic on Open Government Data
>    publishing I am putting together a small survey on the desired
>    feedback of Open Data sets. For governments, the return on
>    releasing data is incredibly valuable. This can be split up into
>    two parts:
>
>    1. Data usage (where?, by who?, how?, for what?, in which
>    form?,...)
>    2. Crowd sourced elaboration (validation, correction, addition,...)

Are you sure governments like crowd sources elaborations?

>    My questions:
>
>    A. Does anybody know some more or concrete examples of desired
>    feedback by governments?

Usage statistics. When I was talking with FODecon I proposed them that
it would be better to license the KBO data to 100.000 people for € 6,
instead of the 6 parties for € 100.000. They didn't like the idea
because of the additional administration etc... But also because they
weren't convinced they would reach a greater audience this way.

So the reach of their data might have good value.

--
regards,
Bart Van Loon

    Pakistan Fact #23: The largest mosque in the world is Shah Faisal Mosque
(Islamabad, Pakistan) according to the Guinness Book of World Records, 2002.