[okfn-be] Business cases / ROI

Hanssens Bart Bart.Hanssens at fedict.be
Mon Oct 15 07:11:55 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm looking for some solid business cases / ROI-calculations for open data.

I did find some figures on http://wiki.linkedgov.org/index.php/The_economic_impact_of_open_data,
but more examples are always welcome, especially if they can be linked to open data in .be or .nl / .lu  / .fr.

I'm not looking for general statements like "XYZ expects that open data will fuel a multi-billion market etc",
but for more specific ones, like:

- "agency X in country Y spent Z.000 EUR on opening up data, now saving N.000 EUR / year"
- "if dataset X would be available as open data, our app would generate X.000 EUR revenue"
- "company X now spends Y.000 EUR on converting department Y's PDFs to machine-readable data"

Any help is greatly appreciated :-)

Best regards

Bart