[okfn-be] Flemish datasets that should be Open Data

Pieter Colpaert pieter.colpaert at okfn.org
Tue Dec 17 10:44:41 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Noël Van Herreweghe of Corvé/Bestuurzaken Flemish government published a
list of datasets that should be open data according "decreet
openbaarheid van bestuur / decreet hergebruik van overheidsinformatie"
and the new policy at the Flemish Government that databases should be
open by default, not by exception.

If you cannot access a certain dataset in this list:
http://demo.thedatatank.com/flanders/datasets
you should send an email to the responsible organisation. If the
organisation declines you the access to this we can start a
"beroepsprocedure". In all other cases we will have a bunch of new open
data :)

I already did this for Codex Vlaanderen. They first reacted a bit slow
and asked me question about how I wanted the data. When I got it, I've
put it on Github. Right now they are moving towards a more professional
way of opening up their data. All because just one question.

Conclusion: we need your help! Send a couple of emails, open Flanders :)

Kind regards,

Pieter

--

+32 486 74 71 22