[okfn-be] Summer of Code 2013 info session

Jeroen De Dauw jeroendedauw at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 13:24:55 UTC 2013

Hey,

I realize it is nice to name your program very similar to an existing
successful one [0], however it seems to have become painfully confusing.
Even while I know of the little program in BE, I assumed this mail was
about GSoC, and indeed, little indication of the contrary is given. So for
the sake of not confusing the hell out of people, why not rename this to
"OKFNBE Summer of Code" or at least explicitly mention the organizer and
this not being GSoC in such mails? Might also avoid problems for you with
people from the program which name got ripped off.

[0] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer_of_code

Cheers

--
Jeroen De Dauw