[okfn-be] Open Ghent this Friday at 2pm

Pieter Colpaert pieter.colpaert at okfn.org
Mon Dec 1 11:33:08 UTC 2014

Hi all,

After Open Antwerp [1] and Open Kortrijk [2], we are now organising Open
Ghent, *this Friday, from 2 to 4 pm, in the belfry of Ghent*!

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/open-ghent-tickets-14662434737

We have again a great line-up for this Open X:
  * An intro by no one less than Thimo Thoeye from the city of Ghent
explaining us the difficulties and the importance of Open Data
  * A live demo of the current version of the app initiated by open
Summer of code 2014 [3] for Artoria: the "Belfort app". You will be able
to go upstairs on the belfry, test the app yourself and talk to the creators
  * A short announcement by Pieter-Jan Pauwels that open Summer of code
2015 is open to partners
  * The release of The DataTank 5.0 - the data portal software for your
organisation
  * Network drink: because the best community-driven plans have been
come up with over a drink (citation pending)

Feel free to send this out to your own network if you think someone
might be interested. In meantime, hope to see you there!

Kind regards,

Pieter

[1] Past event in Antwerp:
http://www.eventbrite.nl/e/open-antwerp-registration-11919219707