[okfn-be] Changes in communication // submission deadline for Open Belgium

Pieter-Jan Pauwels pieter-jan.pauwels at okfn.org
Tue Nov 10 15:28:32 UTC 2015

Dear Open Knowledge Belgium subscribers,

We have some news today so bear with us!

1. Switch from the mailman mailing list to a Discourse Forum.
This mailing list is becoming inactive or at least a way of communication that is used for one-way traffic: Open Knowledge Belgium asking or telling something to the community and not a lot of interaction the other way around. That’s why we’ve started a separate local group page on https://discuss.okfn.org
You can sign-up for free and introduce yourself here: https://discuss.okfn.org/t/hello-my-name-is-the-introduce-yourself-in-the-be-group-topic/1547 <https://discuss.okfn.org/t/hello-my-name-is-the-introduce-yourself-in-the-be-group-topic/1547>

2. As part of our community you can still propose a session for Open Belgium Conference 2016: http://2016.openbelgium.be/ <http://2016.openbelgium.be/>
The submission deadline runs until the 15th of November (midnight this sunday).

You can propose a keynote, hackathon, unconference, panel, workshop, installation,... on: http://bit.ly/OpenBelgium16

Session organisers and speakers get free access to the venue, food and drinks all day long.
If you just want to be up to date with the programme and the tickets you can subscribe on: http://2016.openbelgium.be/ <http://2016.openbelgium.be/>
This email-list sends newsletters about the conference as well as ‘open’ news from Belgium.

Kind regards,
Pieter-Jan

Pieter-Jan Pauwels
Community Coordinator, Open Knowledge Belgium
m: +32 476 66 27 77 <tel:+32 476 66 27 77> | e: pieter-jan.pauwels at okfn.org <mailto:pieter-jan.pauwels at okfn.org> | w: okfn.be <http://okfn.be/>