[okfn-bg] Topic report about PSI re-use in Bulgaria

Daniel Dietrich daniel.dietrich at okfn.org
Mon Jul 18 14:07:10 UTC 2011

Dear Peio, Dear Bogomil, Dear All

My name is Daniel Dietrich, I am working with the Open Knowledge Foundation and I am also an editor of the ePSIplatform.eu

I am about to write a topic report on the "state of play" of PSI re-use in Bulgaria. I am digging into the PSI re-use and trying to get an overview of the players in Bulgaria. I have created this simple questionnaire and I would very much appreciate if you could take 10 min. of your valuable time to help me answer these questions.

1. Legislative Framework

	What laws and regulations affect the re-use of PSI? (Access to Public Information, Data Protection, etc)
	Is there a difference between federal levels? e.g.central government, regional states or municipalities

2. Implementation of the PSI Directive

	Did the implementation of the PSI directive lead to its objectives? e.g. better access to government information and increase re-use of PSI
	Are there any findings about exclusive agreements or other discriminations regards access and re-use of PSI?

4. Government Policy

	Is there a parliamentary debate about open government and transparency?
	Is there a policy towards open government in general and/or open data in particular?
	Is there a policy supporting PSI re-use? In particular about licensing and pricing PSI?

6. Public Sector Agencies

	Are there Public Sector Agencies projects or initiatives publishing PSI as open data?
	What are the challenges for Public Sector Agencies in Bulgaria regards publishing PSI?

7. Private Sector PSI re-users

	Who is using PSI for business models?
	Are they happy with the governmental PSI policy and implementation? If not: what are their demands?

8. Civil Society & other PSI re-users

	Are there civil society initiatives or other organisation lobbying for open government and/or open data?
	Are they happy with the governmental PSI policy and implementation? If not: what are their demands?

9. Public debate & Media

	Is there a public debate / media coverage on the topics of open government and open data?

10. Conclusions /	From your perspective:

	What are the obstacles for open government and transparency in Bulgaria?
	What factors are most important for open data / PSI re-use in Bulgaria?

I am also looking for "statements" so please let me know if I could use part of your answers as a citation in the report. If you know of any statements from Government officials please send me the related links as well. I am also looking for media coverage on the topic of FOI legislation and PSI re-use, so if you have any hints to organisation, players, articles, links, etc please send them to me. All of this doesn't have to be in english. I am happy to let Google translate for me. Thanks in advance.

All the best
Daniel

--
Daniel Dietrich