[okfn-br] Brazilian chapter focus

Everton Zanella Alvarenga everton137 em gmail.com
Terça Novembro 1 03:12:26 UTC 2011

Hi, Augusto!

Em 31/10/2011 21:49, "Augusto Herrmann" <augusto.herrmann em gmail.com>
escreveu:

> I was talking about this to Profa. Gisele Craveiro of USP during the
Social Participation Conference. I think these are a good set of goals to
start with. But I also think we should try to use some Brazilian content
(or data) on some ongoing OKFn projects. Also, we should also promote other
open knowledge activities that are not strictly open data - such as the
ones related to literature and the public domain.

I agree with all points! I've been involved with open educational resources
projects, for this I've added Wikimedia Brasil and Recursos Educacionais
Abertos as groups we could bring as part of OKFn BR. For the same reason,
I've added two groups supporting open science in Brazil and I want expand
this list, but let's do step by step. :)

I've heard to journalists friends talking about datajournalism in Brasília
(it was really clever of you to have this panel!) and I think we should
start, at least, spread the word. As it was said in another topic, I
believe it is important to have journalists between us.

> I had written a post detailing these ideas earlier today, but a
connectivity problem prevented me from sending it. So I'll send more
details tomorrow.

I am anxious to see your blog!

P. S.: I loved the projects you added on our list. Open Machado de Assis
(Machado de Assis Livre, não? Mais um caso onde acho que livre é melhor que
aberto na nossa língua : ) seems to be easy to put in practice.

What about the campaign BURN ALL DOCS?!?! :D

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/thackday/burn$20all$20docs/thackday/WCmyz2jltF8/sKDd0xCPQaQJ

Maybe after we finish to configure Alaveteli for the public information
request site (the thacker community has been doing a great job on it!
Amazing what I've seen today!), we could use the same software to this
project you proposed at CONSEGI. ; )