[okfn-br] Fwd: The Data Journalism Handbook is here!

Everton Zanella Alvarenga everton.alvarenga em okfn.org
Sábado Abril 28 18:13:29 UTC 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Lucy Chambers <@okfn.org>
Date: 2012/4/28
Subject: The Data Journalism Handbook is here!
To: @okfn.org

Hi!

6 months ago at Mozilla Festival 2011, the Data Journalism Handbook
was born. Thanks for your interest in the book - I have great pleasure
in announcing that the Handbook is now live!

The Handbook features contributions from over 70 leading practitioners
of data journalism from every corner of the globe, from Japan to
Finland, Nigeria to the US and from leading news outlets such the New
York Times, Zeit Online, the BBC and the Guardian. The Handbook is an
open educational resource, under a creative commons licence (CC-BY-SA)
so please share it with your friends and remix it. We hope that it
will encourage many budding data journalists to look at data as a
source and give them courage to tackle it, as well as showcasing some
great examples of journalism using data as inspiration for future
stories.

You can find the handbook at: http://datajournalismhandbook.org/  Also
available for pre-order is the e- and print version from O'Reilly
Media - http://oreil.ly/ddj-e-print - so if you are interested in a
version to read offline, take a look!

We will soon have the facility to submit feedback via the website if
you spot any errors or have any improvements for the next version,

Lucy

--
Lucy Chambers
Community Coordinator,