[okfn-br] Fwd: [open-government] How to make apps contests more sustainable?

Everton Zanella Alvarenga everton.alvarenga em okfn.org
Segunda Novembro 19 18:03:32 UTC 2012

Uma discussão importante que foi levantada pelo Vagner Diniz (W3C
Brasil) durante o Desafio de Dados Abertos da Câmara Municipal de São
Paulo.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Antti Jogi Poikola <antti.poikola em gmail.com>
Date: 2012/11/1
Subject: [open-government] How to make apps contests more sustainable?
To: open-government em lists.okfn.org

Hello,

By now we’ve seen many apps contests, in many forms, all around world.
In a way, this continuous sprawl is a success in itself. On the other
hand, critique [1] related to the lack of sustainability of the apps
contests is growing. There is a demand and a need to learn from each
other and design better and more sustainable models for boosting the
innovation around open data.

If you are interested in making better apps contests or have other new
ideas on how to boost the innovation around open data – feel free to
join the discussion at the appsforx -email list [2]. The list was
established after a international Apps Contest Organizers meetup which
was organized during the Open Knowledge Festival 2012 in Helsinki (see
also the meeting memo [3]).

Right now I am compiling a topic report with working title:
“Innovation Contests for Open Data Re-use”. I would appreciate all
help in populating the listing of Apps contests [4], you can add
missing details directly to the Google spreadsheet or share this email
and the blogpost link [5] to relevant forums and people who might know
about other apps contests.

Best regards,
Antti Poikola (Apps for Finland coordinator 2009)

[1] http://radar.oreilly.com/2011/08/app-contests-sustainability-usability.html
[3] http://okfestival.okfnpad.org/apps
[4] http://bit.ly/apps_contests_list
[5] http://poikola.fi/apps-contests-everywhere/