[okfn-br] [REA] Re: [open-science] [Open-access] OER in Brazil

Carolina carolina.rossini em gmail.com
Sexta Fevereiro 1 21:01:25 UTC 2013

Pls forward this to all lists copied. I will answer calmly later.

Since 2008, when I started the project in Brazil we have always pushed for the most flexible license - CC-BY, also to ensure the broadest interoperability with international OA and OER repositories and projects. But many in the academic community and among the politicians in Brazil fear the public content will be "privatized" after released as OER. I explained tons of time all the issues around this.... We even did a huge FAQ also with comments and explaining why we think NC is not the best choice...see www.rea.net.br/faq
However, we could not get this time all we wanted. So, there is a preference - in the sao paulo city decree, the state bill and the federal bill, for for cc--by-nc-Sa (one of the most restrictive licenses of the CC spectrum), but folks CAN chose institutionally to chose less restrictive licenses.

Carol

Sent from my iPhone