[okfn-br] Wikipedia course to launch next week on School of Open

Carolina Rossini carolina.rossini em gmail.com
Quinta Março 14 21:41:38 UTC 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Cable Green <cable em creativecommons.org>

You might be interested in this new School of
Open<https://p2pu.org/en/schools/school-of-open/>Course: Writing
Wikipedia Articles: The Basics and
Beyond<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001daWyI8uQHM_D_8VSSXzqEaSVrz2VYF9CRZzDa3uPjvAf2mZBoYv_GOhWrLM1Iwc2nciktIH5yKl3Jv6z2KAuiVcvmjm7VEw62C7GqyWipYb_a9PeAK14SKCMfl7zCuQdWGAxdPveA6uz47_-cK4RvsBrKuwlk0mLOLbMETR0sUeDXq9UC4vWRaYt17BaGqgQU9VSFdrMFn0=>

Cable

 *14 March 2013*
We have an exciting announcement: next week we launch a free online course
focused on OER coverage on Wikipedia, and you're invited to enroll.
  *Writing Wikipedia Articles: The Basics and
Beyond<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001daWyI8uQHM_D_8VSSXzqEaSVrz2VYF9CRZzDa3uPjvAf2mZBoYv_GOhWrLM1Iwc2nciktIH5yKl3Jv6z2KAuiVcvmjm7VEw62C7GqyWipYb_a9PeAK14SKCMfl7zCuQdWGAxdPveA6uz47_-cK4RvsBrKuwlk0mLOLbMETR0sUeDXq9UC4vWRaYt17BaGqgQU9VSFdrMFn0=>
*

This will be one of several facilitated, synchronous courses marking the
launch of the School of Open, a new venture of Peer to Peer University.
Instructor Pete Forsyth, a veteran Wikipedia contributor and trainer, will
lead live webinars every Tuesday. We will also feature experts in Wikipedia
editing and in open educational resources in two roundtable sessions.
Students will work on Wikipedia articles throughout the course, and share
their experiences contributing to the largest collaborative project in
human history.

The course will run from 19 March to 23 April, at 15:30 GMT. The timing
should work well for the Americas (morning) and Europe and Africa
(afternoon). We plan to offer the course a second time, starting in late
April or early May, at a time that works better for Australia and Asia.
  Want to learn a bit about Wikipedia? Or would you like to find a way to
make its articles relating to OER more accurate and informative? Join the
course today! We look forward to working with you.
https://p2pu.org/en/courses/49/writing-wikipedia-articles-the-basics-and-beyond/<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001daWyI8uQHM_D_8VSSXzqEaSVrz2VYF9CRZzDa3uPjvAf2mZBoYv_GOhWrLM1Iwc2nciktIH5yKl3Jv6z2KAuiVcvmjm7VEw62C7GqyWipYb_a9PeAK14SKCMfl7zCuQdWGAxdPveA6uz47_-cK4RvsBrKuwlk0mLOLbMETR0sUeDXq9UC4vWRaYt17BaGqgQU9VSFdrMFn0=>

 -Pete, Sara, Bob and Lex
Communicate OER
project<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001daWyI8uQHM81NDWdDNWIw26PW0cgvfvA1gUl0CltBdmMezT-txfp5slieTDxWWLppZIcKmwtv-LvGVtFJhTCEfL6KA_J5ugA8An5PGfuefQEn7PYqTEhWg==>
Twitter: @CommOER<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001daWyI8uQHM8cLqnY5hgmhTt5pVhe1A-G_adWeDjGTA0PxJvDNOo3nDwywQeJo4-qGkhh07MsHlIbCqEs5cQMHCL4-kWxD1XbXFg1K9G8QU1ocnT500zDwQ==>

*p.s. Going to any OER conferences soon? We look forward to seeing you! We
will be sharing the wiki love at the following events:*

   - *OER 13<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001daWyI8uQHM-RFQgpScFpUwsqld2EP1cUg6FuKLWleohp9tAWMsuOJmnX3_PxIIA8EeWMGxAQ6Ke0QERBkOos68gYqaptiVCf38wXfdZ9LrSTPJUq_Hk0sapSA531nvBZPkLEzlzIIRY=>in
Nottingham, UK (March)
   *
   - *Hewlett Education Grantees Meeting in San Diego, California (April)*
   - *Connexions
Conference<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001daWyI8uQHM9nECgDAwQjr45OH_reuyvvVveMS8uKO4GdI9frn6M7lXTIL9M_MepF-dXQtHbE0rMXRm8FX7TuurKDKww1KO_675NWpoLQymtjmwav_iLzkw==>,
Houston,
   Texas (April)*

*
*
*
*
 Communicate OER is funded by a grant from the William and Flora Hewlett
Foundation.

--

Cable Green, PhD
Director of Global Learning