[okfn-br] Fwd: [open-government] Fwd: Ground-Breaking U.S. Open Data Policy Released!

Gisele S. Craveiro gisele.craveiro em gmail.com
Quinta Maio 9 19:35:59 UTC 2013

Pessoal,

Acho que muitos de vcs já tomaram conhecimento, mas achei legal
retransmitir por aqui.

Hoje foi lançada Política de Dados Abertos dos EUA. Explorem os links e
depois repercurtimos por aqui.

Abs,

Gisele

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Holm, Jeanne M (1760)" <jeanne.m.holm em jpl.nasa.gov>
Date: May 9, 2013 11:35 AM
Subject: Ground-Breaking U.S. Open Data Policy Released!
To: "eGov W3C" <public-egov-ig em w3.org>

 Hi all--

 Today, President Obama issued an Executive
Order<http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/05/09/executive-order-making-open-and-machine-readable-new-default-government->and
Open
Data Polic*y*<http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/omb/memoranda/2013/m-13-13.pdf>
that
are ground-breaking in their requirement for U.S. agencies to open up new
data and information, present those in human- and machine-readable formats,
and will help to usher in the next stage of open data innovation.

Those of us at the Data.gov team are seeking *your* great ideas and
constructive criticism as we move forward to the next phase of Data.gov. We
want to *scale up* the quality and quantity of data, be more helpful to
American businesses and entrepreneurs looking to use government data and
research, more clearly support learning in classrooms, get government data
in front of researchers and journalists, and bring the power of open data
to American citizens.

It’s all about getting you to the data you need as quickly as possible in a
variety of machine-readable formats with better search, more APIs, easier
ways to share data, more data resources federated.  You can see an early
view of our new CKAN-powered  catalog <http://geo.gov.ckan.org/dataset>.
You’ve told us via forums, list serves, hack-a-thons, blogs, social media,
and meetups around the country and the world that we need to have more and
better capabilities for developers and innovators.  We are listening.
Find out more details about the technical implementations
underway<https://www.data.gov/blog/under-hood-open-data-engine>and let
us know what you think at
Data.gov <https://www.data.gov/developers/page/forum-topic/11?tid=28622> or
via Twitter @usdatagov! Get the inside scoop from the U.S. CIO and U.S. CTO