[okfn-br] Fwd: [BOAI] An OA publisher's perspective on CC-BY

Carolina Rossini carolina.rossini em gmail.com
Terça Setembro 3 11:58:16 UTC 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Iryna Kuchma <iryna.kuchma em eifl.net>
Date: Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 2:33 AM
Subject: [BOAI] An OA publisher's perspective on CC-BY
To: boai-forum <boai-forum em ecs.soton.ac.uk>

[Forwarded message from Danny Kingsley via GOAL mailing list]

<Apologies for cross posting>****

The latest blog from the Australian Open Access Support Group (AOASG) was
written by John Emerson, the Director of the University of Adelaide Press.**
**

In ‘An OA publisher's perspective on CC-BY’ –
http://aoasg.org.au/2013/09/03/an-oa-publishers-perspective-on-cc-by/ ,
John discusses issues with the requirement that for a publisher to be a
member of the Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association, their open
access books must be published under a mandatory CC-BY license. ****

Creative Commons licenses and their relationship with open access have been
the topic of several discussions on open access lists lately. Hear what a
practitioner at the coal-face has to say on the topic.****

Danny****

*Dr Danny Kingsley*****

*------------------------------------------*****

Executive Officer ****

Australian Open Access Support Group (AOASG)****

Menzies Library, Building 2****

The Australian National University****

Canberra ACT 0200 Australia****

E: danny.kingsley em anu.edu.au****

P: +612 6125 6839****

W: http://aoasg.org.au****

T: @openaccess_oz****

** **

Cricos Provider - 00120C****

 ****

NOTE: I work three days a week: Mondays (on campus), Tuesdays and
Thursdays. I think about open access 24/7.

*Carolina Rossini*
*Project Director, Latin America Resource Center*
Open Technology Institute
*New America Foundation*
//
http://carolinarossini.net/