[okfn-br] Fwd: [bestbits] Re: [governance] Proof of delivery

Carolina Rossini carolina.rossini em gmail.com
Sexta Setembro 27 21:52:18 UTC 2013

gostei desse comentario, compartilhando com vcs

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: parminder <parminder em itforchange.net>
Date: Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Subject: [bestbits] Re: [governance] Proof of delivery
To: governance em lists.igcaucus.org, "Carlos A. Afonso" <ca em cafonso.ca>, "&lt,
bestbits em lists.bestbits.net&gt," <bestbits em lists.bestbits.net>

 Thanks Carlos

I would think that Dilma's UN speech marks a somewhat historic moment in
global IG. Also historic is the wide support from global civil society for
her speech.

Dilma's speech is historic in marking Brazil's return to the very forefront
of progressive politics in global governance of the Internet. This will
begin to considerably shift the landscape. A new focal point of progressive
leadership was badly needed to disrupt the artificially created and
sustained bipolarity between the 'freedom loving' US allies on one side and
you-know-what China, Russia et al on the other (and everyone else be
damned). Brazil is likely to (re)emerge as that focal point.

The widespread civil society support to Dilma's speech was rather
spontaneous, and somewhat unexpected. It too could in itself mark a
historic turn - of civil society returning to the real politics of global
governance arena, after having resided in somewhat rarefied and unreal
atmospherics for quite some time, especially since the end of the WSIS.

We will preserve this picture as marking those historic points :). (I agree
that Carlos suit completely outshines Dilma's normally impeccable attire :)
)

parminder