[okfn-br] CALLS - Mozilla Fest

Carolina Rossini carolina.rossini em gmail.com
Quinta Agosto 7 13:54:06 UTC 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Stacy Martin <smartin em mozilla.com>
Date: Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 4:06 PM
Subject: MozFest Call for Proposals

Hi All –

We are excited to let you know that planning for MozFest 2014 (October
24-25 in London) is in full swing. We hope that you’ll share your ideas,
your passion, and your expertise by attending – and we’d like to invite you
to submit a proposal to speak at MozFest. The deadline to submit a proposal
is *August 22*.

MozFest is built on eleven core tracks
<http://2014.mozillafestival.org/tracks/>*,* which are clusters of topics
and sessions that have the greatest potential for innovation and
empowerment with the Web. This year, we are happy to feature ‘Policy &
Advocacy’ as its own track, which will explore the current state of global
Internet public policy, and what is needed and how to mobilize people to
hold their leaders accountable to stronger privacy, security, net
neutrality, free expression and access to the Web.

Key topic areas include:

   - *Privacy* -- What is the state of privacy on the Web in 2014? Where is
   it headed? How can stakeholders play a role?
   - *Security and Anti-Surveillance* -- In the post-Snowden era, how can
   people be more secure online? What are the newest tools that people can use
   and how should they use them?
   - *The Internet and the Next Generation* -- What are the rights and
   responsibilities of young people online? What can we learn from them and
   their behavior throughout the online and mobile world, and how does this
   impact Safety, Security, Privacy and Digital Citizenship?
   - *The* *Web We Want* -- How can we re-imagine advocacy to make sure we
   are building the web we want together?

 If you’ve never been to MozFest, here’s a bit about the conference:
MozFest is a hands-on festival dedicated to forging the future of this
open, global Web. Thousands of makers, builders, thinkers and creators come
together to dream at scale: exploring the Web, learning together, and
making things that can change the world. When you arrive at MozFest with an
idea, you leave with a community.

 We invite you to join us, learn more about MozFest
<http://2014.mozillafestival.org/>, and propose a session
<https://sendto.mozilla.org/page/m/29b5e349/6a9ec887/1694ab6b/5c3c5603/1216110560/VEsE/>.
The deadline for proposals is August 22nd.

**************************************

Propose a session

https://sendto.mozilla.org/page/m/29b5e349/6a9ec887/1694ab6b/5c3c5603/1216110560/VEsE/

 **************************************

We are excited to see your proposals for MozFest! For more information,
please feel free to reach out to one of us.

All the best,

Alina Hua, Senior Data Privacy Manager (ahua em mozilla.com)

Stacy Martin, Senior Privacy & Engagement Manager (stacy em mozilla.com)

Dave Steer, Director of Advocacy (davesteer em mozillafoundation.org
<daves em mozillafoundation.org>)

--
Stacy Martin
Senior Manager, Privacy and Engagement