[okfn-br] newschallenge.org

Carolina Rossini carolina.rossini em gmail.com
Quinta Fevereiro 27 15:35:52 UTC 2014

https://www.newschallenge.org/challenge/2014/brief.html

This is an open call for ideas. We want to discover projects that make the
Internet better. We believe that access to information is key to vibrant and
successful communities, and we want the Internet to remain an open,
equitable
platform for free expression, commerce and learning. We want an Internet
that
fuels innovation through the creation and sharing of ideas.

We don't have specific projects in mind that we're hoping to see in
response to
our question. Instead, we want this challenge to attract a range of
approaches.
In addition to technologies, we're open to ideas focused on journalism,
policy,
research, education-- any innovative project that results in a stronger
Internet.

So we want to know what you think-- what captures your imagination when you
think about the Internet as a place for free expression and innovation? In
June
we will award $2.75 million, including $250,000 from the Ford Foundation, to
support the most compelling ideas.

--
*Carolina Rossini*
*Project Director, Latin America Resource Center*