[okfn-br] Rebooting democracy

Everton Zanella Alvarenga tom em okfn.org.br
Domingo Junho 8 22:13:20 UTC 2014

Ainda estou no começo, mas parece interessante.

http://rebootdemocracy.org/

*Our democracies are failing us.* And that might well be the ultimate cause
of many of the economic, social and environmental problems that plague us.

An out-of-control financial sector whose greed throws entire countries into
poverty? Irresponsible, spendthrift politicians who rack up public debt?
Reckless inaction over climate change? No matter what your specific
grievances (and political persuasion) might be, it is evident that *politicians
no longer represent our interests*.

It is a good thing that there are many groups in civil society fighting
these (and many other) concrete, pressing problems. Yet, perhaps we should
also start addressing *the source from which they all stem.*

That source is the *profound brokenness of our democracies*—and, unlike
what many believe, there are reasonable ways to fix them
<http://www.rebootdemocracy.org/book/>.

--
Everton Zanella Alvarenga (also Tom)
Open Knowledge Brasil - Rede pelo Conhecimento Livre