[okfn-br] Triste notícia da Índia

Everton Zanella Alvarenga everton.alvarenga em okfn.org
Quarta Abril 8 08:34:29 UTC 2015

Pessoal,

com bastante tristeza informo que o Subhajit Ganguly, embaixador da Open
Knowledge na Índia, faleceu. Troquei algumas mensagens de e-mail e no
facebook com o Subhajit e deixo abaixo um dos primeiros e-mails dele sobre
educação aberta, pois essas poucas trocas inspiram.

Recentemente ele ajudou a puxar um evento de dados abertos na Índia
<http://blog.okfn.org/2015/03/06/india-open-data-summit-2015/> e dá para
ver quanta coisa bacana eles estão fazendo por lá: http://in.okfn.org/

Larissa, a Open Knowledge internacional vai publicar um post de blog sobre
seu trabalho e acho que vale traduzirmos na nossa página. A coloco em
contato com o Christian.

Tom

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Subhajit Ganguly <gangulysubhajit63 em gmail.com>
Date: 2014-08-28 7:21 GMT+02:00
Subject: [OKFN-Local-Coord] Open Education India
To: Marieke Guy <marieke.guy em okfn.org>, Open Knowledge Foundation Local
Coordinators Mailing List <okfn-local-coord em lists.okfn.org>, local <
local em okfn.org>

Hi Friends,

We are pleased to inform you that Open Education India
<http://in.okfn.org/open-education/> now boasts of a large collection of
educational materials in a number of vernacular languages apart from
English (Hindi, Bengaali, Sanskrit, etc.). The list is growing everyday.
Our major aim has been to build up a platform that can be used by students,
educators and readers at the minimum possible rates (*PDFs without pictures*).
We try to consciously keep the number of pictures to a minimum, as that
decreases the cost of making photocopies considerably). This is important
particularly in the context of schools in rural areas.

As the list is growing, so is also the need to find more and more involved
contributors, who can take this project to the next level. We would be
happy to welcome anyone, who is passionate for Open Education. If anybody
wants to contribute content, even in a foreign language, that too is
welcome, as we have in India quite a large number of people, who studies
such languages.

Thanks for your good wishes,
Best,
Subhajit Ganguly,
Open Knowledge India <http://in.okfn.org>

Everton Zanella Alvarenga (also Tom)
Open Knowledge Brasil - Rede pelo Conhecimento Livre
http://br.okfn.org