[okfn-br] Fwd: [OER-advocacy] OER Implementation Strategy: DRAFT 1.1

Carolina Rossini carolina.rossini em gmail.com
Quinta Junho 18 17:53:35 UTC 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nicole Allen <textbooksnicole em gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 1:52 PM
Subject: [OER-advocacy] OER Implementation Strategy: DRAFT 1.1
To: OER Advocacy Coalition <oer-advocacy-coalition em googlegroups.com>

Hi all — sharing below a call for feedback on the OER Strategy Document
that a team of us have been developing over the past few months. We’ve
integrated feedback from conference sessions this spring (which many of you
participated in), and we’d love to get your thoughts on the latest draft!

Dear OER Colleagues,

The Cape Town and Paris Declarations set the vision for the Open
Educational Resources (OER) movement, including the value statements that
form the basis for our work. While significant progress has been made on
both expanding the availability of OER content and increasing its use
around the world, OER has not yet reached its full potential of entering
mainstream education on a global scale. Is now the right time for us to
have a more coordinated, collaborative implementation strategy to help
speed the global adoption of OER?

A group of OER practitioners had the opportunity to meet and discuss what
we need as a movement, what we agree on, areas where we differ, and
opportunities for advancing OER globally. A small group of us then
summarized these discussions, which you can find at
http://tinyurl.com/oerimplemetation

Using this as a starting point, we had multiple discussion with members of
the international OER community at the 2015 Hewlett OER grantees meeting
<http://www.iskme.org/events/oer-grantees-meeting-2015>, OER15
<https://oer15.oerconf.org/>, and Open Ed Global 2015
<http://conference.oeconsortium.org/2015/>. Comments from all three
meetings were integrated into the draft document. We discussed:

   1.  Do we need a coordinated OER implementation strategy to take the
   movement forward?
   2.  If so, do we have the opportunities right?  What other opportunities
   are there?
   3. If not, do you see other ways in which those of us working in OER can
   better collaborate?

We are attempting to create a document that serves as a snapshot of the OER
movement today, outlines opportunities, provides ideas and suggestions for
action and collaboration, and serves as another marker document that will
form a base for our future work. We also hope that this document, and the
strategies within, will evolve as the conversation evolves to provide
useful insight for both global coordination and local action.

For the immediate future, we would like to focus the conversations within
the OER community. We encourage you to share this document and hold
conversations in your OER networks, conferences, seminars and meet-ups. Our
goal is to end with a document that is a useful foundation for effective
strategy development.

Please join us and share your ideas and perspectives by commenting directly
on the document: http://tinyurl.com/oerimplemetation

Most gratefully,

The Drafting Committee:

Nicole Allen, SPARC
Delia Browne, National Copyright Unit Australia
May Lou Forward, Open Education Consortium
Cable Green, Creative Commons
Alek Tarkowski, Centrum Cyfrowe

Nicole Allen
Director of Open Education