[okfn-br] Press Release :-) WEF YGL

Carolina Rossini carolina.rossini em gmail.com
Quarta Março 16 13:10:08 UTC 2016

World Economic Forum Names Carolina Rossini a 2016 Young Global Leader

Today, Carolina Rossini, Public Knowledge’s President for International
Policy and Strategy, was named a 2016 Young Global Leader by the World
Economic Forum, which honored 122 women and men under the age of 40 who are
shaking up policy, society and the world around them. This five-year
fellowship is given to brave, bold, action-oriented and entrepreneurial
individuals committed to shaping a better future that promotes a peaceful
and prosperous society. The World Economic Forum recognizes leaders from
all fields, including business, arts and politics.

The following can be attributed to Public Knowledge President Gene
Kimmelman:

"We at Public Knowledge are extremely pleased that one of our star
advocates, Carolina Rossini, has been recognized for her life
accomplishments. We know she will use this fellowship to expand her
exceptional skills to promote human and digital rights as a powerful voice
championing freedom of expression, the Open Internet, and access to
affordable communications tools and creative works.”

The following can be attributed to Carolina Rossini, Vice President for
International Policy and Strategy at Public Knowledge:

“I am honored to be included in this diverse and impressive community of
leaders. It is a very special moment to be recognized beyond one’s core
peers and receive such a strong external signal that what we do -- as civil
society working for the public interest -- actually matters. It is not easy
to work at the intersection of technology, policy and law, but it is
precisely at this junction where essential progress can be made.”

A Young Global Leader has a record of extraordinary achievement,
substantial leadership, and commitment to serve society at large as well as
an impeccable reputation in his or her community. Young Global Leaders
co-create a community of insight and action that is devoted to improving
the state of the world. You may learn more about the Young Global Leaders
selection process here
<http://www.weforum.org/community/forum-young-global-leaders>. You may also
view a complete list of 2016 honorees <http://wef.ch/ygl16>.

--