[Okfn-ca] Fwd: [okfn-discuss] Open Science for Development Project

Diane Mercier diane.mercier at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 02:06:29 UTC 2013

PVI | FYI

-------- Message original --------
Sujet: 	[okfn-discuss] Open Science for Development Project
Date : 	Wed, 17 Jul 2013 09:34:26 +0100
De : 	Jenny Molloy <jenny.molloy at okfn.org>
Répondre à : 	Open Knowledge Foundation discussion list
<okfn-discuss at lists.okfn.org>
Pour : 	open-science at lists.okfn.org <open-science at lists.okfn.org>,
open-access at lists.okfn.org <open-access at lists.okfn.org>, Open Knowledge
Foundation discussion list <okfn-discuss at lists.okfn.org>

Dear All

We are delighted to announce that OKF is collaborating with the OpenUCT
Initiative at the University of Cape Town in an International
Development Research Centre funded project to develop a southern led
research agenda for open science for development.

We hope to use this as an opportunity not only to explore research into
open science but also to really push community building efforts in the
global south and identify a strong network of open science advocates and
practitioners - maybe setting up some new local open science groups
along the way!

You can read more in out project proposal:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UGgPpd7PQtYuX-mOGE58fEbXVJgohs4O_XiBrBZph8k/edit

A small group met in London last week to set the ground work for a
larger workshop in *Cape Town 11-13 September 2013* and the results of
that meeting will be available online shortly.

We hope you are as excited about this opportunity as we are and in the
spirit of the exercise we will be making both the process and outcomes
as open as possible. Therefore, if you would like to apply to
participate in the Cape Town meeting please send us a *brief* half page
introduction to yourself including answers to the following questions:

  * Why is this project of interest?

  * What expertise and experience do you bring?

  * What would you like to see come out of this project?

Preference will be given to participants from developing countries in
order to further the aims of the project and full funding will be provided.

There is a short deadline of *24 July 2013* so please spread this
invitation through your networks, particularly contacts you might have
in the global south. If selected, we will organise travel and flights as
soon as possible.

Best wishes

Jenny

Jenny Molloy

Open Science Working Group Coordinator | @okfnscience

TheOpen Knowledge Foundation <http://okfn.org/>

Empowering through Open Knowledge

http://okfn.org/ <http://okfn.org/> | @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN> |
OKF on Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork> |Blog
<http://blog.okfn.org/> |Newsletter <http://okfn.org/about/newsletter>

Chargée de projet sur les données ouvertes de la Ville de Montréal
Blogue : http://dianemercier.com
LinkedIn : http://www.linkedin.com/in/dianemercier
Skype : dianemercier
Zotero : http://www.zotero.org/dmercier

« Pas de données ouvertes, sans logiciel libre ni formats ouverts»