[Okfn-ca] Open Data Barometer | LinkedIn

Diane Mercier diane.mercier at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 14:39:24 UTC 2013

via Tim Davies

http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Open-Data-Barometer-4790214%2ES%2E250908641?view=&gid=4790214&type=member&item=250908641&trk=eml-anet_dig-b_nd-pst_ttle-cn

Extrait de la conversation dans le groupe LinkedIn Open data Research
Network débutée le 18 juin.

-------------------------------------

      Open Data Barometer

The Web Foundation and Open Data Research network will shortly be
announcing a call for researchers to measure the state of open data
policy, and the availability of open data in 15 categories, across all
the 81 countries included in this years Web Index.

I'll share a link to the call for researchers shortly, and this thread
will act as a space for discussion of the opportunity.

----

Tim Davies
<http://www.linkedin.com/groups?viewMemberFeed=&gid=4790214&memberID=10163306>
. The call for researchers is now open at
http://www.opendataresearch.org/survey/index.php/44232
<http://www.linkedin.com/redirect?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eopendataresearch%2Eorg%2Fsurvey%2Findex%2Ephp%2F44232&urlhash=gSmA&_t=tracking_disc>
- we are looking for researchers able to respond with respect to:
Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belgium, Benin,
Botswana, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Canada, Chile, China,
Colombia, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia,
Ethiopia, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Hungary, Iceland,
India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan,
Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea, Republic of, Malawi, Malaysia, Mali,
Mauritius, Mexico, Morocco, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand,
Nigeria, Norway, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar,
Russian Federation, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Singapore, South
Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tanzania, United Republic of,
Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, UAE, Uganda, United Kingdom, United States of
America, Uruguay, Venezuela, Viet Nam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe.

If you are able to assess the context of, and supply of 15 core open
datasets in each of these countries then please do apply to be one of
the research team by 30th June.

Waltraut Ritter
<http://www.linkedin.com/groups?viewMemberFeed=&gid=4790214&memberID=3787701>
. Could you explain the choice of countries?

Tim Davies
<http://www.linkedin.com/groups?viewMemberFeed=&gid=4790214&memberID=10163306>
. Sure: we're conducting this as an add-on to The Web Index which uses
both expert survey and secondary data for countries covered. The Web
Index selection of countries is based therefore on the availability of
the secondary data (See the 2012 index report for more information on
these http://thewebindex.org/2012/09/2012-Web-Index-Key-Findings.pdf
<http://www.linkedin.com/redirect?url=http%3A%2F%2Fthewebindex%2Eorg%2F2012%2F09%2F2012-Web-Index-Key-Findings%2Epdf&urlhash=hWed&_t=tracking_disc>
) and access to expert reviewers for the main Web Index.

We would of course like to expand the list in future, and so exclusion
of countries is no judgement, and we hope to move towards ability to
cover many more countries in future, although we do also face budget
constraints in how many countries we can cover this time around - as
each country researcher is paid for their work.

-- Médiation | Curation par :
Dre Diane Mercier
Ph.D. Sciences de l'information

Ambassadrice de l'Open Knowledge Foundation - Groupe local au Canada
Profil : http://okfn.org/members/dianemercier
Blogue : http://ca.okfn.org
Meetup : http://www.meetup.com/OpenKnowledgeFoundation/Montreal-CA
Twitter : @okfnca

Chargée de projet sur les données ouvertes de la Ville de Montréal
Blogue : http://dianemercier.com
LinkedIn : http://www.linkedin.com/in/dianemercier
Skype : dianemercier
Zotero : http://www.zotero.org/dmercier

« Pas de données ouvertes, sans logiciel libre ni formats ouverts»