[Okfn-ca] Fwd: [open-government] GODI: "Announcing our new declaration on open data – and inviting your feedback"

Diane Mercier diane.mercier at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 13:50:57 UTC 2013

Pour votre information | FYI

-------- Message original --------
Sujet: 	[open-government] GODI: "Announcing our new declaration on open
data – and inviting your feedback"
Date : 	Tue, 22 Oct 2013 16:06:26 +0200
De : 	Christian Villum <christian.villum at okfn.org>
Pour : 	Open Government WG List <open-government at lists.okfn.org>

Fresh off the Global Open Data Initiative blog, by John Wonderlich:

    Announcing our new declaration on open data ? and inviting your feedback

October 22, 2013 in Announcements
<http://globalopendatainitiative.org/category/announcements/>, News
<http://globalopendatainitiative.org/category/news/>

*The Global Open Data Initiative partners are excited today to share a
draft Declaration on Open Data, and would welcome comments and feedback
on its contents.*

Open Data has enormous unfulfilled promise to change how governments
work and to empower citizenship. Even as more governments and issue
experts discover new potential in the public release of data, civil
society groups still need clear guidelines and mechanisms for
cooperation. Global Open Data Initiative hopes to help provide both, and
we hope this draft declaration will help us fill that gap.

By building on existing efforts to gather guidelines and best practices,
and by building a clear, joint voice made up of outside groups, Global
Open Data Initiative hopes to provide a CSO-led vision for how open data
should work.

        Please give us your feedback

While we?re excited about the start we have, we want to hear from others
too. Does this draft adequately describe open data?s promise, and the
challenges we face in fulfilling it? Are there other issues it should
cover? Are there additional standards, initiatives, or guidelines to
which we should refer to (if even in an extended notes section)?

        Click here to go to the Declaration on Open Data

<http://globalopendatainitiative.org/declaration/>

Please read the declaration by following the link above and add your
thoughts in a comment. For more in depth conversation, please join our
discussion list
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#%21forum/global-open-data-initiative>.

Original blog post:
http://globalopendatainitiative.org/2013/10/22/announcing-our-new-declaration-on-open-data-and-inviting-your-feedback/

--

Christian Villum

Community Manager, Open Government Data + Local Groups Network
skype: christianvillum  | @villum <http://www.twitter.com/villum>
TheOpen Knowledge Foundation <http://okfn.org/>
/Empowering through Open Knowledge
/http://okfn.org/  | @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN>  | OKF on Facebook