[Okfn-ca] Fwd: Global Legislative Openness Week (GLOW), 15-25 septembre

Diane Mercier diane.mercier at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 16:10:21 UTC 2014

À titre d'information

-------- Message transféré --------
Hello everyone,

I'm sure most of you are aware of the several events surrounding
theGlobal Legislative Openness Week
<http://www.openingparliament.org/glow>(GLOW) from September 15 to 25.

In coordination with events during the week, Sunlight is planning to
launch a quick campaign to raise awareness around the importance of open
formats when publishing legislative information. We intend to send a
letter to all the national legislatures around the globe calling them to
make parliamentary data "open data by default," in agreement with the
principles of the Declaration on Parliamentary Openness. You can find
the letter attached as a PDF, ODT and in a viewable google document.
<https://docs.google.com/a/sunlightfoundation.com/document/d/1xaqCFi2XKZhMpwZK6BJD6bgPArkrDLKGyfMTbo6lx0Q/edit>

We'd love to get as much support as possible from supporting national
and local level PMOs and members of global transparency community to
help demonstrate the constituents' appetite for transparency, and the
local impact this type of action can have. If you want to endorse the
letter, please let us know before September 10.

We also encourage everyone to not only sign the letter, but also
translate it to your local language and try to get some local media
attention through press releases, social media or other media hooks for
the week of September 15. OpeningParliament has grown into a truly
global network, and we've managed to create a strong consensus for how
legislatures should operate. We hope that we can count on you to help us
translate these letters, register your support, and clearly communicate
our agenda during GLOW.

We are planning send out the letter to each administrative office via
emails (and in some cases through regular mails) on September 15 and
address it to the currentpresidents of national assemblies
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_presidents_of_assembly>,
or similar authorities. As we have looked through this list, it has come
to our attention that some of the information on national assemblies is
out of date. We are working to verify the data ourselves, but if you can
provide verification for who the head of your national legislature is,
that would be very helpful!

We are excited to send a clear, global message to legislatures -- your
data should be open, and we are ready to help.

Thanks everyone for your support,

The Sunlight team

--
John Wonderlich
Policy Director, Sunlight Foundation

--- Médiation par | Curation by ---
Dre Diane Mercier
Ph.D. en sciences de l'information

@okfnca | ca.okfn.org
@MTL_DO | donnees.ville.montreal.qc.ca
@carnetsDM | dianemercier.com

Webographie du libre :
https://www.zotero.org/dmercier/items/order/dateModified/sort/desc
http://vizualize.me/oKvvtBkJXK?r=oKvvtBkJXK
« Pas de données ouvertes, sans logiciel libre ni formats ouverts »