[Okfn-ca] Open Government Tour in Montreal

Alex Mochnacki amochnacki at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 17:21:13 UTC 2014

Dear all,

I'm emailing you in regards to an upcoming open data event I'm helping
organize in Montreal.  The Canadian Open Government Tour 2014 is a
cross-country open government and open data advocacy tour hosted by Richard
Pietro, which will make stops in over a dozen cities over the summer.
Richard is the founder of Citizen Bridge, a civic engagement platform and
advocacy group in Toronto, and is an enthusiastic public voice in
advocating for open data reforms at all levels of government. The tour will
make it's stop in Montreal on Monday July 7th, from 6:30 to 9:30pm, at
Notman House on Sherbrooke Street near St. Laurent Avenue.

The event will feature live panel discussions, moderated by Richard, and
other engagement activities to help raise public awareness around the open
government movement and the need to adopt open data policies and
practices.  The aim of the evening is to broaden the appeal of open data
beyond audiences already aware of the issue and engage the wider public in
the issue.

Currently, we're looking for local speakers to help fill out our panel
discussions for the evening.  We're looking to have a diversity of
background and expertise from local actors in Montreal represented on stage
at the event.  If you'd be willing to participate as a panelist at this
event, or if you have any suggestions on how to best tailor the
conversation to local issues around open data, I'd be very happy if you
could get in touch with me at: amochnacki at gmail.com