[Okfn-ca] Fwd: [ourprivacy-outreach] Invitation to sign the Ottawa Statement on Mass Surveillance in Canada

Diane Mercier diane.mercier at gmail.com
Sat May 17 13:15:49 UTC 2014

PVI

-------- Message original --------
Sujet: 	[ourprivacy-outreach] Invitation to sign the Ottawa Statement on
Mass Surveillance in Canada
Date : 	Thu, 15 May 2014 15:02:08 -0700
De : 	David Christopher <david at openmedia.ca>
Répondre à : 	ourprivacy-outreach at lists.ourprivacy.ca
Pour : 	ourprivacy-outreach at lists.ourprivacy.ca
Copie à : 	Jonathan Obar <jonathan.obar at utoronto.ca>

Hi folks,

I'm writing to invite every group and individual on this list to sign on
to the /Ottawa Statement on Mass Surveillance in Canada
<http://www.digitallymediatedsurveillance.ca/the-ottawa-statement/>./
/
/
This statement arose out of last weekend's /Politics of
Surveillance/ workshop in Ottawa. OpenMedia and a number of groups in
our coalition have already signed on and we're really keen to maximize
our numbers in advance of a public launch of the statement likely next week.

You can read the statement in full
here: http://www.digitallymediatedsurveillance.ca/the-ottawa-statement/

To sign on just email myself - or you can also contact Jonathan Obar at
jonathan.obar at utoronto.ca <mailto:jonathan.obar at utoronto.ca> (if you do
contact Jonathan, could you please CC myself so I can keep track of who
is on board)

The plan is to launch this very soon, so please act fast if you want to
be on board for the launch!

Thanks!

David

--