[OKFN-CH] Wikidata Zurich Workshop (14.09)

Cristina Sarasua sarasua at ifi.uzh.ch
Thu Aug 10 13:12:27 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

We are organizing a workshop at the University of Zurich on Thu 14.09 to provide information and training about Wikidata, one of Wikimedia's successful projects. We will have invited talks and mini hands-on sessions. We expect the participants to be an interesting mixture of academics, people from the Swiss industry and open data enthusiasts in general.

If you feel curious and would like to learn how to edit, query and code for Wikidata, don't hesitate to join us!

All the information of the event is here:
https://www.wikidata.org/w/index.php?title=Wikidata:Events/Wikidata_Zurich

And you can directly register for free here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd2srUW6LjdnkpmDUKz-SkE20kGxGImX8Zn-rbD9Ob5QVnv2Q/viewform

The workshop is on Thu 14.09 because the days after the workshop (15.09-17.09) we will also give a techtalk at HackZurich, and we would like to team up with people who would like to code something for the city of Zurich using Wikidata. If you will be around at HackZurich and you feel like coding something great using the free knowledge base that has over 31 million items, please let us know by signing up here: https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata_talk:Events/Wikidata_Zurich

Looking forward to seeing you in September.

Cristina Sarasua

---
This event is organized by University of Zurich, Open Data Zurich, Wikimedia CH