[OKFN-CH] WG: MyData 2017 conference - discounted tickets and partner opportunities for the Swiss MyData friends!

André Golliez golliez at opendataconsulting.ch
Thu Jun 29 12:57:14 UTC 2017

Liebe Open Data Freunde
aus Helsinki habe diese Email erhalten und leite sie an euch als My Data-Freunde weiter…
Herzlichst
André

Opendata.ch<http://opendata.ch/> - Enabling Open Data in Switzerland
André Golliez // President
+41 79 669 05 52  // andre.golliez at opendata.ch<mailto:andre.golliez at opendata.ch>

Dear Swiss MyData friends,

We were quite excited to see the MyData Switzerland workshop happening - we hope it went well. Some of you were in Helsinki last year and/or have gotten tickets for this years My Data 2017 conference (www.mydata2017.org<http://www.mydata2017.org>) . Last year we had 24 countries, 650+ people coming - now we would like to make a new record.

To invite more Swiss friends, we made a discount code: MYDATACH
You can get 10% off the normal price - feel free to pass this code to any interested parties.

We would also be interested in discussing with any of your organisations, who might be interested in partnerships/sponsorships - these packages include visibility in comms, booth and side-event opprtunities, as well as of course ticket packages.
More info at https://mydata2017.org/about/event-concept/ (slides 12 onwards)

In all cases, we sincerely hope you can make it to Tallinn and/or Helsinki (30.8.-1.9.)

Why:

Personal data is a 1 trillion USD business by 2020. At the same time, it's one of the three issues Sir Tim Berners-Lee raised as key issues for the future for the internet. New EU general data protection regulation affects all companies handling personal data and doing business in the EU and will help harmonize markets. The MyData thinking builds on top of GDPR, to encourage new business and disruption - in an ethical way.

What:

This year's MyData 2017 conference will be from Aug 30th to Sep 1st. MyData 2017 is an exciting twin-city event (Helsinki, Finland + Tallinn, Estonia) with one workshop day in Tallinn and two main conference days in Helsinki. As you know well, Finland and Estonia are two countries collaborating closely in the development of digital society on many levels and Estonia has been pushing many digital markets & rights issues on an EU level - and holds the EU presidency during H2/2017. The two-hour boat trip is part of the programme.

Who's there?

In general the partners as well as the conference participants were very satisfied with MyData 2016, in the end we had nearly 700 participants, from 24 countries. This year, we are targeting 800-1000 participants. Registrations have been made from nearly 20 countries already, and the ticket sales is just kicking in (early-bird just ends today). Based on last year, we expect some 50-60% to be business delegates, and some 20-30% public sector - with some academia, non-profits and others to round out the scene. It's important to get the wide range of organisations involved! See also https://mydata2017.org/meet-our-partners/ for list of current partners (updated by the day... :) )

With kindest regards,
Teemu

---
Teemu Ropponen