[okfn-discuss] Migrated okfn.org main site to moinmoin backend

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Aug 21 14:22:51 UTC 2006

I have just finished migrating the existing okfn.org site to a moinmoin
backend. Previously all site pages and templates were held in a
subversion repository[^1] and a simple build script rendered the site
periodically. By migrating to moinmoin backend it is hoped that it will
make it easier to edit the site as:

   * the markup is simpler (for those unfamiliar with html)
   * access control is more flexible
   * edit/build/deploy loop is shortened (almost eliminated)

Having now got the site in a more manageable form the next step is to
update the site in various ways. Planned changes including migrating
active projects from /wiki into the main site, the creation of a
research section, and retiring some sections.

Unlike the other sections of the site write permissions to these main
pages will be restricted by default. If you'd like a user account so
that you edit the site please get a user account on
http://admin.okfn.org/, sign up to http://www.okfn.org/UserPreferences
with the same username (sorry: single sign on between KForge and
moinmoin isn't yet implemented) and then mail me and I'll add you as a
site admin.

[^1] http://okfn.org/sysadmin/svn/tags/okfn.org-1.2/