[okfn-discuss] Re: Fw: INSPIRE Democratic Process 1/2006

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Wed Jan 25 13:38:02 UTC 2006

Benjamin, Rufus, this sounds good.

On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 11:51:07AM +0000, Rufus Pollock wrote:
> >I would think OKFN would be able to offer hosting for this. And if
> >that's not possible, i would offer space on the shared system that runs
> >http://freemap.in . You mentioned a php based piece of petition
> >software that may be good; phppetition? something better?
>
> OKFN would host this no problem. We could even fold it in to the
> existing geo project. You already have full access via sudo (I believe)
> so feel free to poke around.

I would totally give over the http://okfn.org/geo/ namespace, front page
etc to this if that is appropriate, as INSPIRE is the main reason that
this started in the first place. If this is something that deserves
its own DNS entry too, something a little more catchy perhaps than
"handsoffpublicdomaingeodata.org" then i would be happy to cough up
for one and point it there.

moinmoin is a nice wiki, it worked well for Wsfii. Rufus, i think that
you have an interesting setup for hosting moins, whereby they all use
the same system installation, but have different styling+config. I
have no idea of the most kforge-nature way of spawning a new moin on
the OKFN system. A pointer to any normal-process docs, or scripts,
that should be followed, would be appreciated very much.
(there's a scattering of open geodata pages over the main OKFN wiki,
but i guess this would merit something that stands alone).

> >Any other OKFNers have time and energy to help set up the software?
>
> I'd really like to but I am already overwhelmed with other stuff i am
> having to produce at present. Come March I may have more time ... :(

dear Rufus, just by being there, as a stable core around which stuff
circulates, you help an inordinate amount. this conversation wouldn't
be happening at all were it not for the support you have offered.
thankyou.

-jo