[okfn-discuss] Fw: [uo] Invititation: First MiniBar London

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Tue Nov 7 19:13:48 UTC 2006

dear all,

I, I'm not sure what to say about this, so perhaps it's safer to say
nothing at all. However, it includes the magic 'free beer' keywords.

----- Forwarded message from Simon Worthington <simon at metamute.org> -----

Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 19:02:39 +0000
From: Simon Worthington <simon at metamute.org>

Hi all

I know all of you like to discuss and think about web 2.0, music and
film sharing/remixing, p2p, or Creative Commons. San Francisco has the
Creative Commons Salon, other cities regular BarCamps, or so called new
media gatherings. But there is no regular meeting space for this London.
It should be a good opportunity to meet new and interesting people,
discuss creative ideas and have some fun.

So we - Creative Commons England&Wales, Openbusiness.cc, OpenMute and
The People Speak - are organizing the first *MiniBar* on Friday the 17th
in the Truman Brewery. There will be some free beer (as in Free).

More info at: http://barcamp.org/minibar
RSVP: info at openbusiness.cc <mailto:info at openbusiness.cc>

Pls pass the announcement below around widely - mailing lists, friends,
blogs etc.. It should be fun, so please help and pass this around

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*MiniBar -- London*

Your Monthly Face To Face

You think about creating the next Last.fm, flickr, or Web 2.0 start up?
You think London lacks opportunities to meet up and discuss these ideas?

For those who don't have time to attend a full BarCamp, some of us have
come up with *MiniBar*, a chance to snaffle some free beer while
discussing p2p, Creative Commons, web applications, social networking
and general Web 2.0 mayhem & fandango.

It's fun, it's free and you don't have to bring a sleeping bag. Come to
Corbet Place for an early *Friday 17th Nov* evening get together the at
Truman Brewery (off Brick Lane, next to Spitalfields Market and
Liverpool Street Station). There's a (normal sized) bar, a DJ, and some
nice people to chat to. Who knows, you even might find out something you
didn't know. For the first one John Buckman of Magnatune.com and
Bookmooch.com will say a couple of words about music sharing, p2p
philosophy and Creative Commons.

We will also be trialling our very Situated Social Tagging system! Think
people, not URLs, and sticky-backed tags! More on the night...
- The meetings will happen at the same place every month.
- The meeting is organized by the people behind CreativeCommons England
& Wales, OpenBusiness.cc, OpenMute and Shiftspace.cc.

*When?*

Friday 17 November 2006 17.30. Talk at 18.30 -- and from then on,
freeform. Arrive early before we drink all the beers.

Programme
17.30-18.30 Drinks and Social Tagging
18.30-18.45 Presentation by John Buckman of Magnatune
18.45-19.00 Q&A
19.00-20.00 Mingle with Drinks
20.00 onwards: Keep on drinking.. / DJ

*Where?*

Corbet Place, Old Truman Brewery
E1 6NH, T 020-77706100

*More Info:
*

http://barcamp.org/minibar

Christian Ahlert
ca at openbusiness.cc <mailto:ca at openbusiness.cc>

----- End forwarded message -----

--
ghug is my email archiving bot. if you see it cc'd on this email,
please leave it cc'd, that will help me a lot. http://frot.org/ghug