[okfn-discuss] Open Shakespeare: annotation is working

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Apr 9 13:51:46 UTC 2007

After another push over the last few days I've got the web annotation
system for Open Shakespeare operational (I've been hacking on this on
and off since back in December).

To see the system in action visit:

<http://demo.openshakespeare.org/view?name=phoenix_and_the_turtle_gut&format=annotate>

I'm posting this info to discuss because I know various people were
interested in annotation in general and for use in other systems (future
updates unless of wider interest will probably go to okfn-help[1]). In
this regard I'd emphasize that I've made quite a bit of effort to
decouple the annotation system from Open Shakespeare so that it can be
easily reused elsewhere. To check it out see the code:

   http://p.knowledgeforge.net/shakespeare/svn/annotater/trunk/