[okfn-discuss] PD book & Bridgeman/Corel conference

Jonathan jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Wed Aug 1 13:55:09 UTC 2007

[snip]
>> I was wondering whether anyone had read or come
>> across this book, published in April:
>>
>>   Intellectual Property: The Many Faces of the Public Domain (Hardcover)
>> by Charlotte Waelde (Editor), Hector MacQueen (Editor),
>> <http://www.amazon.co.uk/Intellectual-Property-Faces-Public-Domain/dp/1845428749>
>
> No I have not.
>
>> Also, I wondered whether anyone went to the re-enactment of the
>> Bridgeman
>> vs. Corel case at Queen Mary, University of London back in May:
>>
>>   http://www.jisc-collections.ac.uk/news_and_events/news_articles/bridgeman_event
>
> Not to my knowledge. However I do know a couple of people at the QMIPRI
> who were no doubt involved.
>
>> Any information about either of these would be much appreciated!
>
> What do you need this info for? Perhaps there are other ways to get at
> it?

The book was out of interest. I've chased it up at the University Library
in Cambridge and they've ordered it as it hasn't yet come in on deposit.
I'll write to the list once I've had a look at it.

I've chased up some notes from the Bridgeman/Corel re-enactment. I was
interested to see what the participants thought might happen if the case
went to court in the UK. The Bridgeman Library are going to post videos of
the event on their website and will hopefully forward me an assortment of
materials. Again, I'll report back with news!

Regards,

Jonathan