[okfn-discuss] Open Service Definition (revisited)

Luis Villa luis at tieguy.org
Mon Jul 30 14:42:44 UTC 2007

On 7/30/07, Francis Irving <francis at flourish.org> wrote:
> Rufus - perhaps when Luis has got a bit further and clarified the
> language and options, we should have a meeting in Cambridge to work
> out what, if anything, OKFN needs to do?

My sense is that sometime in the next 6-12 months someone (perhaps
OKFN, perhaps someone else) will have to convene an (private(?),
invite-only(?)) summit of the key players* to hammer something out,
much as OSI was hammered out early on, but hopefully with less
crossfire.

Luis

* both on the policy side (OKFN, CC, etc.) and on the implementation
side (anyone implementing open-ish services- wikipedia, Red Hat,
Joyent(?) etc.)