[okfn-discuss] CC-Salon London to launch in June

Tim Cowlishaw tim at timcowlishaw.co.uk
Thu May 3 08:51:24 UTC 2007

Hi all,

Apologies for the cross-list spamming.

Myself and the folks from the Open Rights Group are in the process of
organising a monthly CC-Salon event to take place in London, with the first
planned for Thursday June the 28th.

The CC Salon is a monthly event focused on building a community of artists
and developers around Creative Commons licenses, standards, and technology,
and have been running with great success in other cities around the world,
including San Francisco, Berlin and Johannesberg. All are welcome,
especially anyone interested in Creative Commons, copyright, Free Culture,
Open Source, Art, Media, and Music.

If you'd like to take part, whether by performing or exhibiting your work,
giving a talk or presentation, providing sponsorship or other support, or by
getting involved in the running of the event, we'd love to hear from you,
Please drop me a line if this sounds like you! We'd be especially keen to
hear from artists, musicians and anyone else who publishes creative work
under an open license, or anyone whose cultural practice involves
appropriation, quotation, remixing, sampling and collage. Do get in touch if
you'd like the opportunity to show off your work!

Please do pass this message on to anyone else who may be interested.

Many thanks,

Tim

http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Salon
http://www.openrightsgroup.org