[okfn-discuss] the pirate boat - deptford.tv premiering & kut live - friday, may the 25th

adnan hadzi a.hadzi at gold.ac.uk
Mon May 7 12:15:12 UTC 2007

dear okfners,

please find attached an invitation for an event we're organising.

deptford.tv is a collective documentation of the regeneration process
around south-east london, deptford in collaboration with dekspace,
boundless, liquid-culture & goldsmiths college...

cya
adnan

stricly for true copy fighters & river bound culture vagabonds, YARRR!
you're invited for the screening of Deptford.TV short premieres,
chocolate city & The KUT session on the pirate boat

friday 25th of may
screening starts 9pm

RSVP essential - places are limited - please book in advance over:
http://deptfordtv-springfestival.eventbrite.com/

program

21:00 premiere of deptford.tv shorts

21:30 film /Chocolate City/ by Ellie Walton and Sam Wild

22:30 live concert with The Kut <http://www.thekut.co.uk/>

*About Chocolate City*
Chocolate City explores the rapid gentrification
of Washington DC through the eyes of a group of
impoverished black women forced from their city centre
homes to make way for new development, only a stone’s
throw from the world famous symbols of US power.
Authors: Ellie Walton and Sam Wild.

*Hello..... we are The Kut.* Sometimes being an all female band can be
difficult, especially when the soundguy walks over to you and asks you
when the band are going to get there! But these things inspire us to be
really good at what we do.
We hope you like the tracks. We don't bite & we really like it when u
are into what we do. We want to hear what music your into and which
songs you liked. If you like what u hear get in touch, add us, come to a
gig, spread the word! Thanks for checking us out X x
At the moment we're getting ready to do some new recordings with our new
drummer, Christina, so hopefully we can get down some of our best stuff.

how to get to the boat:

- take train/DLR to greenwich
- if you come out of the station turn right, walk greenwich high road
towards deptford
- take first turn right which is norman road
- walk underneath bridge next gate with the sign minesweeper on it on
your left:
Brook Marsh Industrial Estate
Norman Road, Greewich SE10
- squeeze through the gate (there is one place in the gates which is
widened for people to access the estate)
- follow the minesweeper sign & the lamps to the creek and enter the boat

see also:
http://streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=537693&y=177409&z=1&sv=537750,177250&st=4&ar=Y&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf