[okfn-discuss] OKF leaflet

Mike Linksvayer ml at creativecommons.org
Thu Oct 4 23:15:05 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 23:52 +0100, Jonathan wrote:
> > 2. Suggest 'Works that have been released under a license that permits
> > reuse' -> 'Works that have been released under 'free/open' licenses'
> > Then go on (as you do) to give examples such as free/open source
> > software (Linux/Firefox), Wikipedia etc
>
> I've amended it accordingly.
>
> If there are no other suggestions, I'll go ahead and get the first bunch
> printed.

MIT OCW uses CC BY-NC-SA, which is not conformant with
http://www.opendefinition.org/ if that matters.   Rice Connexions
<http://cnx.org/> and the Public Library of Science are sort of
alternative examples, though admittedly neither has the name recognition
of MIT.  Or you could get generic and just cite Open Access scientific
publishing and open educational resources.

It would be cool if the leaflet itself were under a conformant license,
and said so, if only in fine print. :)

Just some nits from an outsider, take or leave.

Mike

--
 http://wiki.creativecommons.org/User:Mike_Linksvayer