[okfn-discuss] [ANN] Open-source innovation platform Cofundos.org

Sören Auer auer at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Mon Oct 22 14:10:37 UTC 2007

Rufus Pollock wrote:
> This is wonderful Soren. I also wonder if it could be adapted/expanded
> to support what I've jokingly termed: 'Open Offsets' (in analogy with
> 'carbon offsets').

Very interesting idea. But I think you need a very established and
well-known organization (such as FSF or OSI) supporting the fund (at
least for the open-source part) in order for big companies to trust.
Technically, I think a company donating money to such a fund should
define in which portions it should be divided to individual projects
finally.

BTW: I forgot to mention that Cofundos is not limited to open-source
developments - open-knowledge developments can be done with it too.
Since, the platform receives quite some attention right now - you also
might want to add some OKFN projects and maybe we can attract more
enthusiasts for OK this way too ;-)

Sören