[okfn-discuss] Open Data Commons Database licence (draft) now out

Jordan Hatcher's lists lists at twitchgamer.net
Mon Sep 24 14:48:33 UTC 2007

And I should mention a special thanks to Talis for sponsoring the
update and for their hard work on the original version of the licence.

http://www.talis.com/

~Jordan

On 24 Sep 2007, at 15:11, Jordan Hatcher's lists wrote:

> All,
>
> I would like to announce the draft Open Data Commons Database
> licence.  This is the new name, face, and text of the Talis Community
> Licence update that I mentioned in an earlier email.
>
> The blog post announcing its release is here:
> http://www.opencontentlawyer.com/2007/09/24/open-data-commons-licence-
> now-out/
>
> The homepage on my site for information related to the licence is
> here:
> http://www.opencontentlawyer.com/open-data/">Open Data Home
>
> The draft text of the licence itself is located here:
> http://www.opencontentlawyer.com/open-data/open-database-licence/
>
> Because we separated out the Data from the Database in the licensing,
> a supplemental BSD/MIT style licence for the data, intended for
> factual information rather than other "contents of databases" is here:
> http://www.opencontentlawyer.com/open-data/open-data-commons-factual-
> info-licence/
>
> Finally, though I suspect that we will have a lot to talk about on
> this list, I've set up a discuss list specifically for the licence
> here:
> opencontentlawyer.com
>
> Thanks!
>
> ~Jordan
>

> J S Hatcher
> opencontentlawyer.com
> twitchgamer.net

____
Mr. Jordan S Hatcher, JD, LLM

jordan at opencontentlawyer dot com
IP/IT Blog: http://twitchgamer.net

Usage of Creative Commons by cultural heritage organisations
<http://www.eduserv.org.uk/foundation/studies/cc2007>

"The Impact of Free Trade Agreements on Information Technology Based
Business"
<http://ssrn.com/abstract=984864>