[okfn-discuss] Changing license

Francis Irving francis at flourish.org
Wed Apr 30 09:40:24 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 10:20:27AM +0100, Rufus Pollock wrote:

> Done. GNU Affero GPL (v3) added to the list (at the bottom of the list
> atm due to sorting by id rather than name).

Thank you!

Two things..

1. I couldn't find an actual link to this page, just John's link in
his email. Should it be visible in the user interface to project
admins?
http://www.knowledgeforge.net/project/kforge/edit/

2. Are pages like http://kforge.net/project/ukparse/ cached, as I
can't see the change yet?

> Currently KForge does 1/2 while CKAN does 3 for software but 1/2 for
> content/data. It would nice to have a common approach for the two sites
> (and for elsewhere). What do people think?

I would keep it simple, just include the major licenses, but have a
link saying "Want us to add a new license here?"

I suspect the set of licenses used by open knowledge people will be
quite different from the full list on opensource.org

Francis