[okfn-discuss] Open Milton Officially Launched

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Dec 9 14:58:04 UTC 2008

Dear All,

After some last minute improvements and polishing up (big thank-you to
Iain ...) Open Milton is officially launched today on Milton's 400th
Birthday. Please feel free to forward this info to other people/lists
who might find it of interest.

   ~ Open Milton Launched ~

The 9th of December 2008 is John Milton's 400th birthday.  To
celebrate this life-long advocate of liberty we've officially launched
'Open Milton' – an open set of Milton's works, together with ancillary
information and tools, in a form designed for reuse.

<http://www.openmilton.org/>

## More Info

The Open Milton project has two main objectives:

1. Provide the works of John Milton, along with textual apparatus and
tools all in an open form.

2. Deliver this material as a knowledge package that allows for easy
deployment, redistribution and reuse.

Specifically we provide a full open set of Milton's works along with
ancillary material, a variety of tools and a python API. In addition
to the works themselves there is a chronology, statistics, a
concordance and search facilities.

All material is open (http://www.opendefinition.org) so that anyone
can use, redistribute and reuse these materials freely.