[okfn-discuss] Taking the Open Service Definition to 1.0

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Jul 8 18:59:37 UTC 2008

It's proving hard to consensus here on the name! So far I think we've
had (with rough votes):

Open Service Definition           +2 -1
Open Software (as a) Service Defn +2
Open Network Service Definition   +2
Open Web Service Definition       +1 -1

Given the acronymic problems with the OSD overlapping with the Open
Source Definition and the current votes it seems the two front-runners are:

Open Software Service Definition (OSSD)
Open Network Service Definition (ONSD)

My slight inclination is towards the second of these. What do other
people think. It would be nice to resolve this so if you've got a
preference between these two do speak up.

~rufus