[okfn-discuss] Taking the Open Service Definition to 1.0

Mukundan R mukundan at iitb.ac.in
Wed Jul 9 19:04:27 UTC 2008

Dear all,

Support for simple "Open Service"

agree with these very valid points. Addressing these issues will truly
make it "open" which is better than "free" and why to confuse with a
"free/open"?

A data which has been "approved" by the provider for use in other places
and other ways is more open.

A few clarifications:
How do we define personal data?

The definition assumes API's to be by default Open. what would happen if
the source was LGPL based? Do API's still remain open?

thanks and regards
mukundan