[okfn-discuss] Taking the Open Service Definition to 1.0

Patrick Anderson agnucius at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 18:51:59 UTC 2008

Sorry to chime in so late, but I have a question/concern about using
the word 'Network'.

What about a situation where the user is utilizing the code or data
stored on a machine that they do not own, but where they are sitting
at that same terminal?

For instance, I've thought of a "Free as in Freedom" cafe where
customers could rent time on computers to use Free Software or rent a
mini-theatre room where they could watch movies that are under a
license permitting such performances.

I would want those customers to be guaranteed an opportunity to make
"at cost" copies of that code and data, but notice it wouldn't be over
a network.

Thanks,
Patrick