[okfn-discuss] Taking the Open Service Definition to 1.0

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Jul 11 14:59:39 UTC 2008

The two options for naming remain:

   1. Open Network Service Definition
   2. Open Software Service Definition

Following recent posts the front-runner would now appear to be:

   Open Software Service Definition (OSSD)

In particular, the arguments regarding simplicity and greater
applicability made for the second option by John and others seem quite
compelling.

So if you've got a strong opinion one way or the other now is the time
to make your views known!

~rufus

On 11/07/08 12:28, John Bywater wrote:
> Benj. Mako Hill wrote:
>> <quote who="Patrick Anderson" date="Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 12:51:59PM
>> -0600">
>>
>>> Sorry to chime in so late, but I have a question/concern about using
>>> the word 'Network'.
>>>

> Me too. :-) ...

[snip]