[okfn-discuss] Blogging software

Luis Villa luis at tieguy.org
Thu Jul 17 15:38:39 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 2:31 AM, Francis Irving <francis at flourish.org> wrote:
> What blogging services, if any, comply with the shiny gorgeous new
> Open Software Service Definition?

wordpress.com comes the closest of sites I'm aware of, given the data
import/export and the availability of wordpress.org (though the
wordpress.org and wordpress.com codebases are not the same, as would
ideally be the case.) I'm sure there are probably some others, though
(is typepad based on movable type?)- blogging has an explosion of
available open source tools, unlike, say, microblogging (one tool I'm
aware of) or social bookmarking (none I'm aware of), so it is likely
to have at least some OSSD-compliant sites besides wordpress.

Luis